Sunday, January 16, 2011

A father's love...

A father's love must be unconditional... right? That's the only reason that dads would possibly put up with everything that goes on.  Nothing else could ever explain how it is that a boy ever lives to be a teenager, because without that unconditional love... I think he'd be dead a dozen times over by now.
Nothing else can explain how I find it in me to kiss my three three-year-old son at the end of the day, tuck him in and tell him that I love him, even after he has done his very best to go throughout the house leaving a wake of destruction that rivals three-foot flood waters.
Nothing but unconditional love for my children and the prospect of giving them a better life can explain why it is perfectly acceptable to work forty hours a week, go to school for thirty, and maintain what amounts to a long distance relationship with my wife, who I lay down next to every night.
I've been a dad for a long time now, and I've often wanted a place to put down all of the stories that just sounded way too bizarre to be true. So now I'm here, and I'm looking forward to stretching the old writing muscles a bit by relating them one at a time.  The really sad part is that I know I've forgotten more of them than I remember, but I'm going to do my damnedest to get them all down.
Take care of yourself, and I'll see you soon!

1 comment:

  1. This is a very good post! We all fathers should do what we can do for out children. Being divorced has been a journey to provide my son the best education and life that he can have. I've always states as well as others said were does he have the time to do all this for his son.

    ReplyDelete